Sunday, July 8, 2012

Think before you speak

You know that saying "Think before you speak" people need to do that.  I mean we all have those moments, but the things I have heard lately are beyond idiotic.  Here are examples.

"How come your child has a feeding tube?  What is wrong with her?"
"Lucy is 9 months? She can't be 9 months, she doesn't look like 9 months."
"Why does the baby have a fat head?  Why does she have fat feet too?" 

Oh and my personal favorite..

"Don't take this the wrong way, but I was expecting your baby to look like a "Vegatable" when I saw her."


Yep, and more of that happened all within a week.  One of the comments was from my niece the "fat head" comment.  But, it still hurts.  Another lady tried to talk about my baby, but I brushed her off.  90 percent of the comments that were said, were from people I have never even met.  How insensitive and rude are you?  I know you are curious, but it's none of your business.  If I don't know you, stay away from me if you are going to get in my business.   Unless, you are going through it yourself. 

I don't go to Relief Society for this very reason.  I don't want to be asked a million questions from women I haven't met.  I am really done talking about it with people that I don't know.  I almost lost it on a woman today.  If I wouldn't have been at Church I might have exploded, I am near the breaking point. 

Yes, something is wrong with my child, what's your excuse?  At least she has one. 

1 comment:

  1. I cant say I understand your frustrations but as a mother and a very outspoken person it sounds like you kept it together much better than I would. HOnestly you should never have to explain your child to anyone it really is not their place and nothing is wrong with her and she sound like she's thriving given her young age. People are so ignorant and clearly were not taught about diversity growing up stay strong. YOu are human but just from what I've read you inspire me and it just goes to show you were meant to be a mother to that precious baby because our father in heaven knew something we didn't. Good luck with everything and you have my persmission to punch the next person in the face no judgment here. Love ya girl

    ReplyDelete