Monday, January 14, 2013

Tired....

Today I am sooo sleepy.. 
Lucy got to spend the weekend in the hospital.  She has been throwing up for over a month probably almost 2 months...  everyday..  But, it got worse this last week.  Then Saturday, I left for only an hour and I get a call from Lucas that she was throwing up again and was hot.  I hurried home and made sure to grab some Ibuprofen at the store. I check her temp and it says 103.2 and she looked really pale.  I told Lucas it was time to go to the E.R.  and we hurried as fast as we could.  I was told, to always take her to Primary's.  Luckily my parents are like my rock and are always there to help at a moments notice.  They watched Dawson while we hurried to the hospital.  Lucy was admitted and it's always a bit of a process.  Lots of waiting around and questions blah blah blah.  At first they thought she had pneumonia.  She showed some symptoms and they hooked her up to see her stats. Her oxygen level was at an 82.  You shouldn't go below 89 or you require oxygen.  As soon as they gave her oxygen she was smiling and happy.  A night and day difference.  Well, tests were run and x rays.  Lucy had white spots showing, so she has some viral infection.  They want us to do a swallow study to make sure she hasn't been aspirating at all.  But, lots of flu bugs are going around right now.  I was sick last week, so my cold could have set her system off.  She will be on oxygen until my Doctor thinks it safe for her not to be. 

Lucy hasn't shown a seizure in 2 months, I was surprised she didn't have one over this weekend. Hopefully her system won't go off and have one.  Cross my fingers and pray she will continue to be good with that.  And I am in mamma bear mode again.  Don't come near my child or any of my family if you are sick.  Or just let me know so I won't come near you.  I know kids get sick and that is how it goes...  Lucy has been a mystery and we do not know all the answers.  She has been pretty good with getting colds, but the smallest cold could set her off and have her be on oxygen for a while.  It's just that it's flu season and it's really not a safe time for her to be getting these problems.  I would be more relaxed if it was summer, but as long as flu season is on high alert please let me know.  Primary Children's has been getting lots of sick kids this winter,  it's not like the mild flu season from the year before.  I was stronly advised that all my family needs to get the flu shot.  I will need to go do that for Lucy's sake.  Lucy won't be vaccinated ever again because of what happened with her seizures. I need to make sure my family is though, so we don't pass anything to her.

So, I haven't blogged in a while.  Just haven't felt like it.  I try and step back and distract myself with other things than some of the trials I have to deal with.  Writing my thoughts can sometimes be a little to painful and I feel stupid for writing them.  I have deleted a couple before I even post them. 

I have hard days, do I post them on facebook very often?   No, I do not.  Once, I really left a nasty one I was livid at the time.  I still get mad or bothered sometimes.  I say to Lucas why do some people just act like it's no big deal what's going on with our lives?  He is nicer about it than I am.  I am trying to let it go.  Forgive people for not understanding or trying to contact me.  Yeah, I have lost a friend or two because they just don't care and that is fine.  You do find out who your real friends are and that is ok.  We all make mistakes, and we all are imperfect.

On that note, I would like to leave with something positive.  I am grateful for loving text messages, FB messages and comments, phone calls, neighbors who have snow plowed our driveway this winter, random meals, treats, birthday cakes, gift cards, babysitting, driving us to the doctor's, girls nights, prayers, fasting, oufits, cribs, bedding, putting Lucy's name in the temple, cleaning my kitchen, similac coupons and more. 

I know some of you worry about doing something please don't, just talking to me means more to me than you know!  I thank you for doing that!

Most of the time I am positive, and I am glad that I am! 

I better stop typing or I might delete this post before I actually post it. 

May you all remember we all have something to be thankful for in our lives even when the going gets tough!
 

1 comment:

  1. melinda, this is bethany sines, joe sines wife. I'm SUPER bored tonight and was browsing through his Facebook feed and was linked up to your blog somehow. I've been browsing through and have to tell you that I am so impressed with you and your family and so emotional reading through everything you have to face on a daily basis. I have so many questions running through my head for you, all of them sounding something like "How in the heck is Melinda functioning and able to take care of everything when Lucas works long hours?" I mean, if he and Joe have similar schedules then he's gone a lot. How are you feeling? Are you okay? I'm so glad you have your parents close by. We've had things come up the past couple months that have really stretched us to our limit, and sadly Joe's work has had to take a back burner cause some of our family needs have just been so immediate. Do you guys ever find yourselves in similar situations? How do you handle that? I always feel super bad like Joe's coworkers can never rely on him or that he'll get laid off or something since he spends so much time doing family stuff. Anyway, sorry to unload all this on you. I just think of you often and wonder if you guys ever feel the same way we do. Joe and Lucas' job isn't the most family friendly job in the world and I mainly just wanted to know how you're able to handle that with all you have going on with Lucy and Dawson?

    on a lighter note, we have a blog, too, but it's private. we should be blog buddies. : ) my email address is bethanysinesphotography@gmail.com, email me and I'll reply with a blog invite. If you're interested, I mean, but then why would you want to add drama to your life by reading about all of ours? : )

    ReplyDelete